Don’t know what to say

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went fallow from June to October. During this period all fish were out of the tank in hospital tanks. Only 3 fish were affected with the ich at this point. Blue tang yellow tang and foxface. During the fallow period I did all sorts of medication cupramine 2x tank transfer 2x. All which seemed to have worked, my blue tang was in the worst state possible but managed to live through it and look clean for 1 week. During the end of the fallow period I bought 3 mollies acclimated then to salt water and dropped one in the DT and 1 in the Hospital tank. Now, 1 week later mollies were fine eating no signs of white spots. Since then I’ve added all my fish back everyone looks happy eating well. But today 2 weeks down the line I’ve seen white spots on my blue tang again. what the heck??? my mollies are still clear all black no spots. Why has my blue tang got it again I really cannot be asked to deal with it again. Most likely going to try ich management now though any suggestions

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I have ich in my system, I just feed heavy and make sure my fish are fat and happy! Shouldn’t have a problem.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's ich? Over the years I've seen stuff I initially thought was ich but turned out to be something else. Here's some things I use to help decide how badly I'm going to freak out:. Are the spots spaced apart porprtionally, evenly or follow a pattern? If yes then it's probably not ich.

Are the spots only visible on the body, nothing visible on the fins? If so it's probably not ick.

Ate the spots around 3-8 days? If they only show up a day or two or if they stay in the exact same dpot for more thsn 10 days it's probably not ich.

With any of these above conditions I'm going to keep a close eye on my fish and may start gettting ready to do something but I'm going to wait for stronger indicators.

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's ich? Over the years I've seen stuff I initially thought was ich but turned out to be something else. Here's some things I use to help decide how badly I'm going to freak out:. Are the spots spaced apart porprtionally, evenly or follow a pattern? If yes then it's probably not ich.

Are the spots only visible on the body, nothing visible on the fins? If so it's probably not ick.

Ate the spots around 3-8 days? If they only show up a day or two or if they stay in the exact same dpot for more thsn 10 days it's probably not ich.

With any of these above conditions I'm going to keep a close eye on my fish and may start gettting ready to do something but I'm going to wait for stronger indicators.
Every few days there’s different spots currently none on the fins just 1 or 2 on the body. Can’t be marine velvet or brook cos previously my fish had it for 2 months and was still alive. Can’t be flukes because I freshwater dipped them before and nothing came off so not sure what it is if not ich

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Send us if you can a couple of clear pics under white lighting of the fish.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those blue tangs are very susceptible to i c h if they were not treated 100% successfully with the Cooper mean 100% therapeutic levels for the entirety of the time this would be yourwhat's happening this is why I prefer the tank transfer method over copper as I don't have to worry so much about therapeutic levels not altering from where ther at up or down

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those blue tangs are very susceptible to i c h if they were not treated 100% successfully with the Cooper mean 100% therapeutic levels for the entirety of the time this would be yourwhat's happening this is why I prefer the tank transfer method over copper as I don't have to worry so much about therapeutic levels not altering from where ther at up or down
I did the tank transfer method... it went from being in a horrible state to being perfect but now has a few spots on it again ahh

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the tank transfer method... it went from being in a horrible state to being perfect but now has a few spots on it again ahh
Ttm has to be nailed perfect too i know it can be headach for sure i think there was a post on reef2reef that explained it in detail.

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy all my gosh have ich rn in my DT they’re eating normally breathing fine but everyday I see more spots the only fish without spots in the moly ???? How is that possible

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy all my gosh have ich rn in my DT they’re eating normally breathing fine but everyday I see more spots the only fish without spots in the moly ???? How is that possible
Possible threw health and nutrition. If they are eating well and getting a vitamin supplement. It can help them use there imunsystem. To fight it off and not effect them in the worst ways. Plus the cycle of the ich attaching and falling off again
If you have ich in your display its there forever and you need to switch to ich management. Things that help with this is ,diet, vitamin supplements, uv sterilizer, keeping the stress of the tank as low as possible by not over stocking ,husbandry and avoiding sudden changes. Or the easiest way is remove all i mean all fish every single 1. Treatment for all then a spare tank for them to go into for observation while your display tank sits free of fish for 4 months starving the ich to death and breaking the cycle.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back