DONE WITH FILTER SOCKS >:O

  • Thread starter Thread starter jayteerq
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You should be able to buy a pack from your local hardware store or pool supply shop if you wanted to give them a try before committing to them.
 
Help!

I realized I shouldn't be using a filter sock during my cycle. So after I took it out, I wanted to try and save that good bacteria, and put sock in upside-down, and now it's stuck! Boy am I stupid... Does anyone have any advice for this noob?
 
Help!

I realized I shouldn't be using a filter sock during my cycle. So after I took it out, I wanted to try and save that good bacteria, and put sock in upside-down, and now it's stuck! Boy am I stupid... Does anyone have any advice for this noob?
I think you may have to resort to "Brute force, with caution", lol
 
I think you may have to resort to "Brute force, with caution", lol
Thanks Garf! I think my plan is to cut the sock back as far as I can and use long tweezers and a suction cup to pull the one side in...
 
Thanks Garf! I think my plan is to cut the sock back as far as I can and use long tweezers and a suction cup to pull the one side in...
A lot of this hobby is about finesse, when that fails hammer the crap out of it and hope for the best, lol. One cannot possess too many hammers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new