• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Done with Michael's NYAquatic

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mixed feelings in this review but ultimately I would stay away from this business. I have ordered in the past and received my order in a timely matter but after placing an order on October 27th, 2017 to replace a dead fish it took 3 weeks to fulfill my order. And even then, I did not get the fish I ordered. Let us start with a order I placed for a Blue Line Angel, Emperor Angel 8" (with streamer), Vlamingii Tang, Pintail Wrasse, and Crescent Tail Wrasse. This order was over $1000 and I did get free shipping. To no fault of the seller, FedEx did not get me 1 of 2 boxes. The Emperor Angel missed a connecting flight in Indianapolis due to airplane problems. The fish was sent on a truck from Indy to Chicago and I was able to go pick it up a O'Hare after the fish had been in the shipping bag for over 30 hours. I did the seller a favor by at least trying to get the fish which was a mistake. Per his policy, I should have let it come dead so I received a refund to my credit card instead of store credit. The fish lived for a few days after I got him, but over 30 hours in a shipping bag did him in. I did get store credit for the dead fish (per his 14 day guarantee). The Emperor Angel also had NO streamer as described. I paid extra for a large Emperor Angel WITH a streamer. I then placed an order on October 27th, 2017, for a Lineatus Fairy Wrasse and Eight Line Flasher Wrasse to use up my store credit. After the order was placed he replied that his daughter was in the hospital and he could not get away to ship. Ok, I understand. Family emergency, but what followed has horrible customer service on Michael's part. He had NO communication with me unless I emailed him and then sometimes I still got no reply from him. I see he is changing his website and posting new info on Reef2Reef about fish for sale, but he can't get my order out. This week (week 3 of no shipping), I see he is shipping other's orders. I send him an email asking why he is shipping orders out but I don't get any update from him or a shipped order. I get an apology saying his guys got as many orders together as they could so he could come in do the paperwork for shipping. They can't find the Lineatus Wrasse I ordered. So now I have to spend $299 of my store credit on another fish. I do finally get a shipment today of a 8" tang and my flasher wrasse. I attached two pictures. The dead Emperor Angel with NO streamer and the 8" tang in a bag it could barely turn around in. This is one of the worse customer experiences I've had in dealing with an online vendor. I know his prices are cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for here. No order can be shipped out unless Michael does the paperwork, so his business has to have him there. If I had a business like this, I would suspend orders while dealing with a family emergency until I had the time to be able to deal with the incoming orders. The customer service is absolutely HORRIBLE!

Emperor_Angel.jpg

Tang_small_bag.jpg

OP
OP
tswanso3

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USMC 4 LIFE and dealseer, love to see your posts were deleted... Censorship at its finest! Reef2Reef has a serious problem with taking $$ and allowing vendors to treat their customers like garbage with no repercussions. Way to go R2R!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USMC 4 LIFE and dealseer, love to see your posts were deleted... Censorship at its finest! Reef2Reef has a serious problem with taking $$ and allowing vendors to treat their customers like garbage with no repercussions. Way to go R2R!
Yes outside comments were removed. Again we do not allow them in feedback threads as per the rules you agree to when you sign up for the site which I know you are aware of. And once again anyone can feel free to start their own if possible.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relax dude, feel free to look at other feedback threads if you want. We only allow the vendor and the customer to comment in the thread. Its to ensure the thread stays on topic and helps to ensure the vendor and customer have the best chance at a resolution. Its not censorship or some grand conspiracy to protect the vendors or anything like that.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your frustration is understandable, and sincerely hope resolution is afforded. We hope you take a moment to reconsider how to proceed in a non-inflammatory manner and redirect your frustration in a more positive manner. You're not going to find a more fair system for dealing with these issues on any forum. This is not going to become a free for all to the detriment of the forum, nor should it. Please feel free to reach out to the team via pm regarding changes you would like to see.

These are the forum guidelines and the links.

*This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer, and/or dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community. Posting of emails or private messages are prohibited.

https://www.reef2reef.com/help/terms

*Negative Feedback Threads:

Outside comments are NOT permitted. The reason for this is to allow the vendor and member work through the negative experience. The staff will remove posts by other parties not pertaining to the transaction.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/please-read-before-posting-feedback-forum-guidelines.172327/

NYAquatic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Sure glad you took the time to take pictures of the newly arrived fish in bright lights instead of acclimating him properly

So helpful to the fish

Please do take your business elsewhere

Sorry I continue to try my best to support my family while going through the worst 4 weeks of my life.

OP
OP
tswanso3

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are the finest crook there is Michael. I'm not the only one in the vendor feedback that has written it. You sent me two half dead fish for my store credit which isn't refundable a second time (I wouldn't want any more credit with you anyways). Helpful to the fish would be for you to stop selling them all together and let real professionals handle them.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back