OP
OP
Duraticate

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update pictures. I havent done a real water test since august. My bad sorry reef. Everything seems to be staying stable. I have been dosing alk and cal to the tank bout every third day. No real reason why i choose every third day or not even on a schedule. I have been just shooting for elevated alk and cal in my tank. High flow high alk and cal to promote growth. I also have turned my temp up to 82 to combat nuisance algae and promote coraline algae growth. I am just a noob still and really dont know what i am doing. All i know is i rather have my coraline algae out grow my nuisance algae. When i had my best coraline algae frowth i was running elevated alk cal and temp so back to that i go till the coraline over grows everything else.

IMG_20171004_091050_339.jpg

IMG_20171004_091050_339.jpg

20171004_121508_HDR.jpg

20171004_183942_HDR.jpg

20171004_090638_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171004_091034_273.jpg

OP
OP
Duraticate

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little time laspe or something like that pictures

sh4rkbyt3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always used Kalk slurry on aptasia. Since I was dosing my tank with it I would save the slurry at the bottom and simply scan the tank for hidden aptasia and then give them a good 2-3ml blast right in the mouth. Usually gets them on the first try but guaranteed on the 2nd one if necessary. Trying to use peppermint shrimp and fish is just too iffy when I know I have something that will do the job.
A lot of people get those shrimp or even fish and then regularly feed their tanks and can't understand why the animals don't hunt down the aptasia lol. Some will do it and some won't but letting them get a little hungry makes them hunt down food a little more ;).

sh4rkbyt3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh btw Dura, I didn't get a hammer but I did manage to scoop up a frogspawn in an online auction that's doing very well and I have a Torch coral on the way also. I'm pretty well loaded up with acans at this point so it's time to let them grow out. I managed a couple rainbows lords in that same auction though.

OP
OP
Duraticate

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh btw Dura, I didn't get a hammer but I did manage to scoop up a frogspawn in an online auction that's doing very well and I have a Torch coral on the way also. I'm pretty well loaded up with acans at this point so it's time to let them grow out. I managed a couple rainbows lords in that same auction though.
Nice i love my frogspawn its dang near nuke proof. Its been through everything and still kicking. Never lost a head and bought it with just one head. You can see it in the oictures of the 29 bio cube. Small one head frag. Best of luck i have not had any luck with torches and still want a hammer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back