Don't know what to get

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into Purple Tangs some more. They're gorgeous when you see a healthy one. For your wrasse question, it depends. A "Christmas Wrasse" can be two fish. Halichoeres claudia is sometimes classified as a "Christmas Wrasse" and is really aggressive. If you have that fish, I wouldn't recommend the flame. If you have Halichoeres ornatissimus, which is a much less aggressive species, I would go for it! Cirrhilabrus jordani(Flame Wrasse) is an amazing fish, and I love mine. She's so active I can't get a decent picture. Let me know if you have any trouble sourcing a Flame, I'll be able to get you a discount on our site.

Wow! That's incredible, how did you manage to keep the aggression low? Two Zebrasoma's in an 80? One of my friends was worried about two in a 600 gallon.
The info on the wrasses is backwards. H. ornatissimus is more aggressive than H. claudia. Also, H. Biocellatus is often called a red xmas wrasse, and there is a couple Thalassoma species(very aggressive) that can be called chritmas wrasse.

The fairy wrasse suggestions were great. Purple tilefish are decent sized and a showy purple. A bellus or watanabi angel is reef safe and impressive looking.

AtulR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The info on the wrasses is backwards. H. ornatissimus is more aggressive than H. claudia. Also, H. Biocellatus is often called a red xmas wrasse, and there is a couple Thalassoma species(very aggressive) that can be called chritmas wrasse.

The fairy wrasse suggestions were great. Purple tilefish are decent sized and a showy purple. A bellus or watanabi angel is reef safe and impressive looking.

Oh no!!! Thank you for catching that, my bad OP I was mistaken.

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to break the rules on fish stocking. But I agree if your not experienced may not be a good idea.
I'm starting to get more experienced with it though I'm still waiting on my tank to age more before I put a tang in. Though you have all given me some great fish to look into

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back