• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Don't think larger tank build is going to happen, pieces to trade (MP40s, Reef Octopus Skimmer, etc)

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchased a bigger complete setup off craigslist a while back. I didn't really want that tank/stand so I turned around and sold those thinking I would keep this for when the right 80-125 gallon tank came around. Well it hasn't come around and my 40 gallon is still waiting on first inhabitants to come through QT and this stuff is sitting in my basement for a build that probably isn't going to happen.

Anyway here's what I have. Everything was on the tank running and working when I purchased it and we emptied it back on Aug 18. Since then everything got a vinegar bath and dried out then relocated to my basement waiting for the right tank to come along.

Two MP40ES Wireless, one Aug 2012, other Dec 2013 (one has minor separation in wire covering pictured) -
IMG_4322.JPG
IMG_4318.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG
IMG_4323.JPG

JBJ ATO (only has one sensor)-
IMG_4326.JPG

Reef Octopus Skimmer, can't find a model number and seller said it was most like the current Classic 200INT and the dimensions and appearance seem to support that -
IMG_4312.JPG

Picture of the pump info-
IMG_4313.JPG

DCT-12000 return pump (with box)-
IMG_4324.JPG
IMG_4325.JPG

Auto dosing pump still new in the box-
IMG_4314.JPG
IMG_4315.JPG

Titanium heater-
IMG_4327.JPG

I also have an acrylic sump with 4 chambers. Dimensions are 30x14x16 (LxWxH) making it approximately 29 gallons-
IMG_4341.JPG

Willing to ship smaller items, not really interested in shipping Skimmer or Sump at this time. Located in the St. Louis area for non-shippable items.

What I'd be looking for in trade:
  • MP10QD with wireless to go on my 40 gallon
  • Maybe a smaller Tunze powerhead for my sump
  • Apex ALD module and sensors
  • or Apex LDK module and sensors
  • Apex DOS
  • Apex FMM
  • Apex Temp probe to add on my PM2 module
  • Maybe Apex LSM but it's pretty low on the list of wants
  • Maybe a Tunze 3155 ATO system to replace my Tunze nano ATO
  • Kessil A-Series Mounting arms
  • Kessil unit link extension cable
  • Hanna Checkers
  • Or ???
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d be open to those. Have any pictures of the corals or frag tank? I will note that I’m new so currently I only have some easy LPS and Zoas in QT and wouldn’t yet be looking for expensive or harder to keep corals at this time until I have more experience with the easier ones.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interested in one or both mp40, I'd be willing to trade a nice coral/frag pack

I'm open to talking about that but as I mentioned earlier I'm pretty new so I'm not really looking to take on expensive or harder to keep corals until I can keep the easier ones alive. I have a few LPS and Zoas in QT now that seem to be doing well.

Dabbin_with_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm open to talking about that but as I mentioned earlier I'm pretty new so I'm not really looking to take on expensive or harder to keep corals until I can keep the easier ones alive. I have a few LPS and Zoas in QT now that seem to be doing well.
I can do a nice zoa/paly pack with some acans or hammers and frogspawn. Have some easy and hardy acros. Could do a little bit of everything. Have some nice Jason Fox zoa's and what not

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can do a nice zoa/paly pack with some acans or hammers and frogspawn. Have some easy and hardy acros. Could do a little bit of everything. Have some nice Jason Fox zoa's and what not

Shoot me some pictures and info on what you think would be a reasonable trade for a new guy and I'll try to do a little research on them and we can go from there. Thanks.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I purchased a bigger complete setup off craigslist a while back. I didn't really want that tank/stand so I turned around and sold those thinking I would keep this for when the right 80-125 gallon tank came around. Well it hasn't come around and my 40 gallon is still waiting on first inhabitants to come through QT and this stuff is sitting in my basement for a build that probably isn't going to happen.

Anyway here's what I have. Everything was on the tank running and working when I purchased it and we emptied it back on Aug 18. Since then everything got a vinegar bath and dried out then relocated to my basement waiting for the right tank to come along.

Two MP40ES Wireless, one Aug 2012, other Dec 2013 (one has minor separation in wire covering pictured) -
IMG_4322.JPG
IMG_4318.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG
IMG_4323.JPG

JBJ ATO (only has one sensor)-
IMG_4326.JPG

Reef Octopus Skimmer, can't find a model number and seller said it was most like the current Classic 200INT and the dimensions and appearance seem to support that -
IMG_4312.JPG

Picture of the pump info-
IMG_4313.JPG

DCT-12000 return pump (with box)-
IMG_4324.JPG
IMG_4325.JPG

Auto dosing pump still new in the box-
IMG_4314.JPG
IMG_4315.JPG

Titanium heater-
IMG_4327.JPG

I also have an acrylic sump with 4 chambers. Dimensions are 30x14x16 (LxWxH) making it approximately 29 gallons-
IMG_4341.JPG

Willing to ship smaller items, not really interested in shipping Skimmer or Sump at this time. Located in the St. Louis area for non-shippable items.

What I'd be looking for in trade:
  • MP10QD with wireless to go on my 40 gallon
  • Maybe a smaller Tunze powerhead for my sump
  • Apex ALD module and sensors
  • or Apex LDK module and sensors
  • Apex DOS
  • Apex FMM
  • Apex Temp probe to add on my PM2 module
  • Maybe Apex LSM but it's pretty low on the list of wants
  • Maybe a Tunze 3155 ATO system to replace my Tunze nano ATO
  • Kessil A-Series Mounting arms
  • Kessil unit link extension cable
  • Hanna Checkers
  • Or ???
Thanks for looking.

I have an apex VDM brand new for sale if interested.

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this item to trade if you like.

Ecotech Radion XR30 gen3 pro 10/2015 pristine condition- for the 2 mp40 and the dosing pump.

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have this item to trade if you like.

Ecotech Radion XR30 gen3 pro 10/2015 pristine condition- for the 2 mp40 and the dosing pump.

I’ll give it some thought. I currently have Kessils but everything on the Radions seems positive as well.

I have a tunze 6055 powerhead for trade towards a mp40.....

Probably bigger than I need but will do a little investigation into that model. Thanks.

lonewonderer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll give it some thought. I currently have Kessils but everything on the Radions seems positive as well.

Probably bigger than I need but will do a little investigation into that model. Thanks.

Let me know asap. I have posted it on multiple sites. Very good light from small tanks to bigger tanks. Worth every penny : )

OP
OP
Huff747

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me know asap. I have posted it on multiple sites. Very good light from small tanks to bigger tanks. Worth every penny : )

I don’t expect you to hold it, so if it goes it goes. I’ll try to do a little reading on them tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back