Door Sensors staying open

thesoulpatch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2017
Messages
621
Reaction score
333
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased these sensors about 3 years ago and now my cabinet light stays on, I've turned the switch off in the app, but there's nothing wrong with the wiring or anything and it's one door. Is there an another fix other than just pulling it off and replacing it? I know it's only 10$ but still was curious
 
Switches fail, just replace it. It's not worth the time and effort to attempt to fix and these are throw aways when they fail. 3 years is a decent time for inexpensive ones like these.
 
I purchased these sensors about 3 years ago and now my cabinet light stays on, I've turned the switch off in the app, but there's nothing wrong with the wiring or anything and it's one door. Is there an another fix other than just pulling it off and replacing it? I know it's only 10$ but still was curious
Suspect - Moisture and corrosion
Try electrical contact cleaner
 
Thanks for the responses i'll buy some new ones and run those!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new