DORKing it with a XXL750 Build

Dorking It

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slightly a little over a month into owning a tank, the first one ever by the way. I am going to document my journey threw this build thread. Here is the current setup.4

Equipment
Red Sea Reefer XXL750

Display:​
  • (4) Ecotech Mp40s
  • (2) Ecotech Mp60s
  • (4) Radeon G5 XR30 Pros with diffusers
  • Current Livestock
    • Achilles Tang
    • Yellow Tang
    • Purple Tang
    • Naso Tang
    • (2) Snowflake Clowns
    • (2) Black Storm Clowns
    • (2) Blue-green Chromis
    • Kleins Butterfly
    • Way too many bubble tip nems
    • misc corals and zoas that need to be fixed and placed properly
Under the Hood:​
  • Royal Exclusiv protein skimmer
  • Carbon media reactor
  • GFO media reactor
  • Dual Ecotech Vectra M2 return pumps
  • Pentair UV sterilizer
  • Refugium with Kessil tuna flora light
  • Tunze nanostream for extra movement in the sump
  • Tunze ATO with Royal Exclusiv Dream Box 19-gallon reservoir
Brains (other than mine, lol) is an APEX.​

I have been slowly cleaning the tank up since I took it over as it was slightly neglected towards the end of ownership. The tank has been running for approximately 2 years now. Here is what it looked like when I got it how and resetup
1000002130.jpg

Current state after a little time and effort. Still needs a lot but I am taking it slowly and learning as I go. If anyone is near me and wants to help/teach I am open to it.

1000002223.jpg

1000002208 (1).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dorking It

Dorking It

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have decided that I wanted to upgrade my saltwater mixing station and add auto water changes. Here is the start
20231106_170403.jpg

This is going to take a few months but the plan is to add a neptune power bar with a dos. I think I am going to add a cor20 for my mixing pump, I guess if one of my vectra pumps go out I will have a temp backup. My tank is 100ft away in my entryway. I'm not worried about the auto water change but I think I need a larger pump to pump water if I need a on the spot manual change.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have decided that I wanted to upgrade my saltwater mixing station and add auto water changes. Here is the start
20231106_170403.jpg

This is going to take a few months but the plan is to add a neptune power bar with a dos. I think I am going to add a cor20 for my mixing pump, I guess if one of my vectra pumps go out I will have a temp backup. My tank is 100ft away in my entryway. I'm not worried about the auto water change but I think I need a larger pump to pump water if I need a on the spot manual change.
Best of luck on getting everything set up! That is one good start though!

OP
OP
Dorking It

Dorking It

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to post an update on the setup. I have been slowly working on the water station. I added a COR20 pump for mixing and as a backup for my display, I am almost finished with the initial setup. Once this is completed I will be adding an auto water change setup.
20231126_083529.jpg
Update on the tank as of 11/27/23.
I had an ICH outbreak in the tank about a month ago and all fish survived!!! I may see a spot here or there but we made it. I used Polyp Medic, fed heavy, and slowed my UV flow to 300 gallons an hr.

I have been working on removing and rearranging rocks in my display and removing Bubble tips nems. I have removed about 60 and still have a ton to go. Here are some pics of its current state.
20231126_081556.jpg

20231126_081548.jpg

20231126_081537.jpg

OP
OP
Dorking It

Dorking It

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's a rainy day here in Southern California.I decided to work on the tank and finally install my smart roller. I was surprised on how simple the modification of the sump ended up being. I was very intimidated. Very impressed with the results of the roller within an hour. No more filter socks for me!
1000002677.jpg
1000002676.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back