DOS and DDR Help Please

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I setup my DOS and DDR today but there are a couple thing I want to clarify and have questions about. I did flood all the setup instructions and have calibrated both pump.

1. I am assuming the first few doses I will be seeing the left over R/O water that is still in the line before it gets to my additives?
2. How do I ruin off the right pump, although calibrated, I am not using it.
3. I have set the left pump to DOS 5ML of ALK between 9pm and 11am, I am assuming its only going to dose that entire 5ML over that period and NOT be dumping in in 5ML every hour or something stupid (Just making sure)
4. I have the lines in the sump just beneath the water in the first sock chamber. Should I have them out of the water? The DOS itself is above the level of line in the sump.

Hope you can help :)

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. You can press the priming button to draw your additive into the tube and force out the leftover RO water.

2. Just move the slider to OFF for the unused pump. You can also remove that slider from your desktop until you put that pump into service.

3. Yes, the DOS automatically spreads out the amount over the full time specified. You will see it turn on and off periodically during the dosing hours.

4. I keep my dosing lines out of the water. This prevents any clogging due to precipitation, snails, or other debris.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. You can press the priming button to draw your additive into the tube and force out the leftover RO water.

2. Just move the slider to OFF for the unused pump. You can also remove that slider from your desktop until you put that pump into service.

3. Yes, the DOS automatically spreads out the amount over the full time specified. You will see it turn on and off periodically during the dosing hours.

4. I keep my dosing lines out of the water. This prevents any clogging due to precipitation, snails, or other debris.
Do I set the pump to AUTO on the one I want working?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I set the pump to AUTO on the one I want working?

Yes! Never set a DOS to "ON" because it will ignore your programmed schedule and never stop pumping except to cool down periodically. This is true of any Apex outputs. They only follow the programming if the sliders are set to AUTO.

Back