DOS AWC questions

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just finished setting up my DOS to do a daily 1G WC on my reefer 350 and programmed the pumps using the AWC option with the tasks button.

Is it normal for the DOS to turn on every few minutes within the time frame that it was programmed? When it finishes is it normal for the pump head removing the tank water to run about 5sec longer than the add pump, I believe they both turn on at the same time. (yes the pumps were both calibrated) Is there a way to program the DOS to just do the 1G WC in one shot or is it better for it to run every few minutes within the programmed time?

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just spreading out the gallon water change over your set parameters. Just minimize the "time frame" you want it running to get it done all at once. It'll tell you if you've not allocated enough time.

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's just spreading out the gallon water change over your set parameters. Just minimize the "time frame" you want it running to get it done all at once. It'll tell you if you've not allocated enough time.
I had a feeling that's what it was. Thank you for clearing it up.

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I lost power to my house, and had to delete the DOS module and re-add it to fusion do I need to re-calibrate the pumps? Everything else stayed the same, meaning no new fluid, hoses, head, etc..

mygsris2slo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I lost power to my house, and had to delete the DOS module and re-add it to fusion do I need to re-calibrate the pumps? Everything else stayed the same, meaning no new fluid, hoses, head, etc..

I believe so. It’d be like adding a new unit. Also, depending on how the calibration turns out and variations in length of tubing, etc it may take one pump a bit longer than the other to reach the correct volume.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back