DOS manual water change task missing code?

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got a DOS for manual water changes. There is a task to set this up to initiate via the feed button. I have a couple of questions.

1- This is the picture displayed in the wizard. Isn't the water direction for the 2nd pump wrong? Water goes in via the left line and out via the right. This picture has it reversed.
neptune-apex-system-auto-water-change-system-dos-setup.jpg

2- Is there a way to not have a time interval? The wizard asks for the amount to transfer. In my case 4 gallons. However I'm also asked to set a start and end time. I'm not seeing the point in this for a manual water change. A duration or ml per minute would make more sense. Is there a way to set this and ignore the start and end time?
3- I have not tested this but it seems to me like there's missing code. For example, here's the code for the pumps. I would think that there should also be code to look at H2O_CONTROL and set the pump to ON?

If Output H2O_CONTROL = OFF Then OFF

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I explain the DOS pump rotation direction and tubing connections in this thread:

For your questions 2 and 3, Neptune's model of manual water changes relies on the automated DOS scheduler. It's designed to move a set amount of water over a 24 hour period, so the virtual output named H2O_Control basically tells the regular DOS schedule when to stop, not when to run. When the DOS output sliders on your dashboard are set to AUTO, the DOS will run the pumps. The code you listed tells the DOS when to turn OFF, overriding the normal schedule, so when you click the assigned Feed button, that turns the H2O_Control output on for 24 hours. Once it turns off, that stops the DOS.

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have changed the schedule on both pumps to run between noon and 4pm. I have to put buckets down. I'm planning on hitting the feed button before noon. Let's say I hit the feed button at 11am. The water change won't actually start until noon correct? And it will stop at 4pm until the next time I hit the feed button?
Screenshot 2022-01-10 214834.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back