Apex A3 refuses to turn on and off at correct time

AquaForge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little preface. I am in IT and am fairly comfy with coding. I assumed that the Apex A3 would be fairly straightforward. I am bumping into a ton of issues there must be a setting off somewhere that I cannot find. Here is the issue. Regardless of what item I am trying to turn off and on with the controller nothing works. I have my DOS setup for AWC. I first programmed it manually and it never turned on with it set to Auto. I could run it by flipping the switch to ON and it will run but that bypasses the volume and other settings. I then followed the wizard to setup AWC. I set it for about 30 mins from when it was and 30 mins past nothing happened. This was after a long 9 hour day setting up ATO and AWC plumbing so I gave up. About an hour later my son runs upstairs and says the pumps are freaking out. I ran down to the basement and both pumps were spinning insanely fast in the wrong direction. I unplugged it and called it a night. Today I expected my Refugium light to turn on at 19:00 as I programmed it to do. Its now 19:23 and its still off. I can turn it on manually but once again, defeating the purpose of a controller.
Troubleshooting steps: I verified that my system time was correct. Apex time is off by 3 hours.
I rebooted the system.
I have padded times for testing purposes so I could verify my code. Because nothing turns on when I request I cant test my code fully. I am including screenshots of my setup. I had to turn my Osmolator 3 on manually because, it never fired it off.
Apex Screen.PNG
refuge.PNG

OP
OP
AquaForge

AquaForge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found another thread saying you need to have both clocks in sync. As some that doesnt travel having both clocks there is pretty useless and adds a layer of unneeded complexity. Now the clocks are in sync everything seems to be working.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back