DOS Tubing Size Question

Sdoutreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
453
Location
Idaho
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I recently bought a DOSqd and have a question on the tubing. Do I have to use the tubing that came with the DOS, or can I use something else? I bought the Red Sea Tubing and Accessories Kit and I believe the tubing is a different ID. Does this matter? Can the DOS still be calibrated and set up with the Red Sea tubing?
 
I used the red sea tubing on my DOS without issue. And yes, best to calibrate it with whatever tubing you decide to go with.

Here is a pic from my old system and the older DOS drives but they use the same heads:
20221216_202907.jpg
 
Last edited:
I used the red sea tubing on my DOS without issue. And yes, best to calibrate it with whatever tubing you decide to go with.
Thanks for the quick reply! Good to hear. The Red Sea tubing is just so much better to look at :cool:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new