DOS water changes connected tanks

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to figure out how to use the waste water from my DT into my QT then pump down the drain from there. Can 1/2 of a DOS be programmed separately? Do I need a storage tank (5 gallons or so) to pump water from the DT into and pump into the QT from there?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, each pump on the DOS is individually programmable. However, you’ll need 3 pumps to do what you’re describing. One pump to drain from QT, one to move water from DT to QT, and then one pump to add new water to the DT.

OP
OP
reeferericb

reeferericb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, each pump on the DOS is individually programmable. However, you’ll need 3 pumps to do what you’re describing. One pump to drain from QT, one to move water from DT to QT, and then one pump to add new water to the DT.
1.5 DOS pumps by my calculations. What is something I can use the other half for? I presently dos alkalinity and calcium (via another DOS pump). I’m not sure what other items may be good for a tank. Is there a liquid food that doesn’t require refrigeration?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1.5 DOS pumps by my calculations. What is something I can use the other half for? I presently dos alkalinity and calcium (via another DOS pump). I’m not sure what other items may be good for a tank. Is there a liquid food that doesn’t require refrigeration?
Save the other one as a replacement head for the first three in use.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, when I said 3 pumps, each DOS has 2, so yes that's 1.5 DOS units. A lot of people use the DOS for AcroPower:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back