Dose ChemiClean help with STN

TheNewGuy321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i've had STN come and go and come back again over a six month period. Im like 90% sure it bad bacteria because the only swings I've had was an ALK. drop -0.7 one day and left ATO off another day and Sal. went up to 1.026.5. my tank is full of frags and its only effecting my birdsnest: STN from the base up. I heard maybe you can help solve STN with Chemiclean and then add Micobackter 7 or Dr.Tim after to add back the good bacteria. what do you think? this comes from a tank that has been perfect with no other problems!
Sal.1.026
ALk:10
cal 475
mag 1500

IMG_0688.jpeg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.7 dkh drop not huge.
1.0265 is perfect.

any temp swings especially if seasons change in your area?

Tank looks great……me…..I’d just correct those two issues and let her be.

OP
OP
TheNewGuy321

TheNewGuy321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't use chemiclean. If you suspect bacteria infection use ciprofloaxin. I've had success treating bacteria infections in my LPS with it and no harm caused to SPS.
how do I use it? and where do I get it? is it a tank treatment or for dipping frags?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do I use it? and where do I get it? is it a tank treatment or for dipping frags?
A few vet shops sell it online. I use 125mg pill dissolved in tank water. I dose it at night. 3 doses over 6 nights so every other night. Skimmer can stay on but no carbon. My tank is 80g.

AlexandraDreadlocksPanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realise it’s a month now since the last post, but I have just had a battle with STN brought in on Bali colonies (I know, I know…!) The one thing that has worked for me has been to get Ozone running in my skimmer (I’m using an ORP controller to manage this). Kept everything else stable, no changes apart from stopping dosing aminos. Any Acro’s that were visibly affected have been carefully removed, healthy tips fragged off and the rest binned. Had about a 70% success rate with the frags (ones that didn’t make it were from maricultured colonies!) I have now had the STN completely halt, in most cases Acro’s are regrowing and I have not seen any new incidents of STN starting for about 10 days…. Fingers crossed, it’s been a rough ride!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i've had STN come and go and come back again over a six month period. Im like 90% sure it bad bacteria because the only swings I've had was an ALK. drop -0.7 one day and left ATO off another day and Sal. went up to 1.026.5. my tank is full of frags and its only effecting my birdsnest: STN from the base up. I heard maybe you can help solve STN with Chemiclean and then add Micobackter 7 or Dr.Tim after to add back the good bacteria. what do you think? this comes from a tank that has been perfect with no other problems!
Sal.1.026
ALk:10
cal 475
mag 1500

IMG_0688.jpeg
These two problems happened right after each other?
And you don't suspect this just may be the problem?
When you swing in sg, everything swings and the tank just came off the alk swing.

Keep it stable for a few weeks and see if it improves before drugs. My 02¢

k2-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a coral you can take out please give it a dip. Also spray it with hydrogen peroxide solution.

My observation is that STN is almost always bacterial - and H2O2 and dip should help (atleast it worked for me for few of my corals but then i have same amount success and failure stories).

Also please dose Iodine (again - same anti-bacterial property).

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing doing on for 4 months
Dosed cipro and not have lost one since.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%

Back