Doser 2.1 dosing without me telling it too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had my magnesium doser head set up to dose because it was low. After it was back up I clicked off all the days so it no longer doses. I checked my mg level about a week ago and it was 1600. I was shocked. I just did a water change. Tested the clean fresh mixed water and it was like 1370. Well I went in and changed my dose to 1 ml. Once a day. In case it's still dosing. Even though I have all 7 days unchecked.

I was messibg with my new kh probe getting it all set up. And recalibrating reagent head. And sure enough I saw the mg pump light up and soon. It's set to 3(fast) and remember, I set it to 1ml 1 time a day just in case. So it was a quick squirt. I said wtffff. Logged in. Looked at the schedule and yeah. Nothing is checked. So I ripped off the doser tube from the head intake. And drained the tank side of the tube. Left it unhooked. This explains my high mg. I had it set like 30ml 12 times a day when I was raising it. So that's probably why it was high. Question is. Why is it glitched to still dose when I'm not having it dose. Crazy ghost!

Now that I unhooked the mg tube. It can ghost dose all it wants

Let's add to the weird observation. The dosing meter still says full. So the ml counter wasn't even working. So if you look it will show it didn't dose. But sure enough when I was looking at it. It spun and light up for a quick 1ml burst

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put a ticket in on this because it should not be dosing if you have it set to 0 and no days selected.

Confirm all your dosing pump numbers also. Quickly just go to the dosing overview and click each one and make sure only 1 spins that doser.

Did you copy the settings to the doser after the upgrade?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back