Doser 2.1 not connecting to WIFI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have just installed my Doser 2.1 using the instructions but it just does not connect. Tried the app as well and also does not connect.

GCC version 1.1.1.2
Doser 2.1 firmware 1.24

Help would be appreciated

Kind regards

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just updates firmware on the Doser to 1.28, and still not connecting via WiFi...

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your SSID have special characters? I couldn't get my doser to connect when I any spaces or special chars in the SSID (Same problem with my Apex). Had to create a new wifi network just for my Reef equipment.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enter the IP address of the doser into the HOST field in GCC and GHL Connect. Make sure the device you are using to connect with is also on the same network.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enter the IP address of the doser into the HOST field in GCC and GHL Connect. Make sure the device you are using to connect with is also on the same network.

I did. It never works.

8377f976c5d3aa6f99b7dd50158ce345.jpg

GCC also says it can’t connect.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to your previous point, my SSID does contain one space. My P4 doesn’t seem to have an issue with it though...

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say that the Ping results are strange... I used fixed IP and set the channel to 150. When I ping the xxx.xxx.x.150 I get four replies saying that the destination host is unreachable, but the reply is coming from xxx.xxx.x.1 instead of the 150. But than it ends and said that the ping was successful for the 150 adress....

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If "Destination hose is unreachable", that means the doser is not connected to your network.
  • Go through the Doser's WiFi settings, check the SSID, password, default gateway, and subnet mask.
Default gateway is the IP address of your router. You can find this underneath the router itself or by using Windows Command Prompt; type-in ipconfig

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If "Destination hose is unreachable", that means the doser is not connected to your network.
  • Go through the Doser's WiFi settings, check the SSID, password, default gateway, and subnet mask.
Default gateway is the IP address of your router. You can find this underneath the router itself or by using Windows Command Prompt; type-in ipconfig

Thanks Vinny. I went through all that and did exactly what the vídeo how too’s recommend. Everything is correct but it simply will not connect.

The “destination host unreachable” message applies to the address of the default gateway, which I have no clue why it tries to ping that given I entered ping IP adress. In the end it still says 4 packets sent and 4 received...

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally managed to get it to work. I had a caps letter in the WiFi password that was not supposed to be. Changed it, redid the process but still was not working. Deleted everything, closed GCC, unplugged the Doser from the power, reconnected everything, did the WiFi setup again and IT WORKS [emoji847]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back