Doser 2.1 sticking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Heneee11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the heads on my 2 month old doser is playing up. It tries to dose but nothing spins, I've taken the head apart and replaced the tubing, everything looks ok but still won't spin. Any ideas?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the heads on my 2 month old doser is playing up. It tries to dose but nothing spins, I've taken the head apart and replaced the tubing, everything looks ok but still won't spin. Any ideas?
I don't know, and I'm in the same boat. Doser is about that age and it spins about a 1/4 turn and just starts buzzing loudly. It will spin with the blue cover off until the rollers start coming out. Won't work while connected. :confused:

Anyone know if there is a way to lubricate these things to make it work better?

OP
OP
H

Heneee11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end I took the rollers out washed, dried and replaced, still stuck. Tried it on the lowest speed and the roller seemed to catch on the blue cover, a little bit of manual moving of the blues cover and now seems to run ok. Must admit I am a little nervous using the head again,as it was dosing alk for me, luckily noticed it wasn't working after just one day.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end I took the rollers out washed, dried and replaced, still stuck. Tried it on the lowest speed and the roller seemed to catch on the blue cover, a little bit of manual moving of the blues cover and now seems to run ok. Must admit I am a little nervous using the head again,as it was dosing alk for me, luckily noticed it wasn't working after just one day.
I am only using 3 of the 4 heads so I took the unused rollers and cover and moved them to the problem one. I think I just wore it out faster than I expected. I think I'm going to have to add a Maxi doser for my Kalk.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brand new maxi doser is sticking as well. I can't even calibrate it as it sticks within a few seconds (both heads). Ive taken the heads off and tried to find the problem with no luck. I have an email in to GHL to hopefully get it figured out. There's plenty of lubrication in the heads/rollers. Just gonna have to wait to see what they say?

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were issues at one point with roller sizes and the blue caps on the 2.1, reach out to @Vinny@GHLUSA or @Marco@GHLUSA and they will set you right!

If you take off the blue caps do you see any white residue in them? Like a powder? That would mean the rollers are too tight. If no, then it may be something more involved.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were issues at one point with roller sizes and the blue caps on the 2.1, reach out to @Vinny@GHLUSA or @Marco@GHLUSA and they will set you right!

If you take off the blue caps do you see any white residue in them? Like a powder? That would mean the rollers are too tight. If no, then it may be something more involved.
I thought those problems were awhile ago. My unit isn't even 2 months old.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 it could be something different, that would just be my first step since it’s a known matter, and once eliminated you can then check with our awesome GHL reps as to next steps to solving it. Not sure how many people know about the doser cap issue, either.

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be something else. They claimed that it was a tolerance issue from an earlier batch 2 years ago or so. I got some bad head for my doser 2.1 which was built at end of 2016. But once I got the replacement head cover and roller unit from GHL, they still stucked several months later...I found out if the head was set to run at lowest speed at the beginning it will last forever. But if you set it to run at fastest setting or 2nd from fastest it will grind the blue cover no matter what...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be something else. They claimed that it was a tolerance issue from an earlier batch 2 years ago or so. I got some bad head for my doser 2.1 which was built at end of 2016. But once I got the replacement head cover and roller unit from GHL, they still stucked several months later...I found out if the head was set to run at lowest speed at the beginning it will last forever. But if you set it to run at fastest setting or 2nd from fastest it will grind the blue cover no matter what...
Yup, that is what I am thinking. Probably just not the right doser for my application. I likely should be using the Maxi for 1L per day dosing and the regular one for my much smaller dosing amounts.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My doser from last November does the same thing, it was a new stock after the Florida Hurricane, so about the same time period as the OP. I never did fix it, thou GHL did reach out to me. I didn't feel like mailing it in for repairs and having no doser on hand. In my case, it doesn't stick when running at higher speeds and always sticks at the lower speeds, the opposite of what @coweyes298 described. This happened immediately after opening during calibration, not after some time.

There are a decent number of posts on similar issue at FB. Users offer various tips as re-seating it and ensuring the blue cover isn't too tight. If you want to browse the GHL Group.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marco@GHLUSA Thank you for the amazing customer service! You guys have been busy but I wanted you to know that I appreciate your help with this issue. Top notch!

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew12,

What was the issue? Currently setting up my doser by the pump is sticking. Can' calibrate. Pump is not even one week old.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew12,

What was the issue? Currently setting up my doser by the pump is sticking. Can' calibrate. Pump is not even one week old.
Hi,

First, check you use a 24v power supply and not the Profilux 12v power supply.

Gaël

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back