Doser options

B-SMOOTH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, for those interested I cannot recommend kamoer. I was wary of coralvue and and the lack of reviews about this doser. I bought through brs, bulk reef supply, thinking they would have my back if there was trouble.

I was wrong. The new unit is faulty and brs won't stand behind it.

I may try GHL next, or maybe just go to litre metre .
Can you elaborate on what happened?

OP
OP
G

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didnt work.

First, connection issues. Got those resolved and got the pump hooked up but it would not calibrate and the manual dose function did not work. I disconnected the doser and tried to figure out how to calibrate. This was on day one of it being installed.

Since disconnecting,, nothing at all works. It will connect with some difficulty but the pumps cannot be programmed and they will not turn.

I sent the doser to brs after being stalled and ignored for a month before finally getting a return label from them. Another week later they responded saying the unit is clearly faulty but it's a week past the 60 day warranty, no refund coming. They now have my pump and my money.

This was the worst purchase I have made in 25 years of reefkeeping--well my gyre, also from coralvue(hmmm) was close to as unpleasant.

I knew the kamoer was an unproven product, but I thought brs would at least stand behind their products long enough that I would at least get it running. 300 clams for zero doses.

Stay away from kamoer and apparently now stay away from brs.

B-SMOOTH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didnt work.

First, connection issues. Got those resolved and got the pump hooked up but it would not calibrate and the manual dose function did not work. I disconnected the doser and tried to figure out how to calibrate. This was on day one of it being installed.

Since disconnecting,, nothing at all works. It will connect with some difficulty but the pumps cannot be programmed and they will not turn.

I sent the doser to brs after being stalled and ignored for a month before finally getting a return label from them. Another week later they responded saying the unit is clearly faulty but it's a week past the 60 day warranty, no refund coming. They now have my pump and my money.

This was the worst purchase I have made in 25 years of reefkeeping--well my gyre, also from coralvue(hmmm) was close to as unpleasant.

I knew the kamoer was an unproven product, but I thought brs would at least stand behind their products long enough that I would at least get it running. 300 clams for zero doses.

Stay away from kamoer and apparently now stay away from brs.
yikes

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough purchase. GHL does have really good tech support and many of the other brands do not have that and its a make or break thing for me. Tech support is an important feature.

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, that is what scares me about the ghl because I have no clue what you just said.
Dude I’ve used the GHL doser 2 for 5 years and getting it off the old app, connected to the cloud, and the new app is a disaster. I‘m not tech challenged but I’m also 20+ years removed from going in DOs prompts but that’s exactly what you will be told to do, via email or message board, not phone, if you have problems connecting.

OP
OP
G

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this post I have added an apex el and two dos pumps. One for dosing and one for AWC. It bugs me that I have to buy a controller that I hardly utilize, but it has been working g flawlessly for a year so I suppose it is worth it.

SixtyFeetUnder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this post I have added an apex el and two dos pumps. One for dosing and one for AWC. It bugs me that I have to buy a controller that I hardly utilize, but it has been working g flawlessly for a year so I suppose it is worth it.

Controlling your heater alone and sending alerts is worth a lot IMO; doser integration is a bonus. And the expansion options are awesome; i love the leak protection monitor and am looking forward to using the vortex WXM module. If you add the trident truly automating your dosing and testing would be amazing. I find myself on the apex app doing something almost daily.

OP
OP
G

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If trident becomes available to everyone, I will probably try it out.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back