Doser Recommendation

butrflynlambie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of the ATI or Triton dosing methods.

Looking at dosers it looks like GHL, ATI and Jebao that have a four head doser.

I have previously done the upside down 2 liter bottle with a needle valve. I know nothing about dosers so any comments/experience is helpful.

GHL too expensive or it is appropriate priced (bang for buck)?

Please let me know any recommendations?

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very happy with my Kamoer F4. Wifi controlled so I never physically have to touch it. After calibration it was bang on and has stayed bang on. Priced higher then jebao but lower then many others. Plus they are a dosing pump company.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the Kamoer 4 channel (non WiFi as min is a few years old now) and I purchased it after asking a similar question and then researching further

It’s been faultless and simple to program and I would buy another if need be.

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used jebao and think it is just fine. make sure you calibrate to the dosing volume you are going to use. the unit calibration is for 100ml. if you dose 1ml, you have to test dose 1 ml to make sure you get 1ml. and adjust the 100ml calibration as needed to get exactly 1ml or whatever volume you need to dose. once calibrated, you are set. I don't see the point of wifi.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see the point of wifi.

If you don't have a fishroom or a lot of room under your sump you can simply mount the dose in the back and never touch it again. Over months or years your dosing needs will change. Especially when you get a new dosing pump you may need to work out the adjustments for some time before you are dialed in. This imo makes a wifi dosing pump much more practical then say wifi lights which should be easy to adjust on top of your tank.

OP
OP
B

butrflynlambie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look at kamber brand.. I like the ghl as i like the idea of the kh director for future but want to see what the early adopters experience first.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look at kamber brand.. I like the ghl as i like the idea of the kh director for future but want to see what the early adopters experience first.

It seems like atleast initially the director has a pretty positive following. And I believe that you do get a bit of a deal on the doser when you buy it with the director. The downside to the director is it takes up 3 of the pumps on your doser but that would be an issue no matter which pump you get.

eKoProCS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**4 DAYS LEFT**
Pre-order the eK Doser!!

https://shop.ekoral.io/collections/frontpage/products/ek-doser-pre-order-sale
Doser-IG.jpg

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy a cheap doser or an expensive doser. I've had my ghl doser2.1 for a couple years now and it has been fantastic. You can buy a stand alone unit or slave units run with the P4 controller and director. The standalone unit can run one pump as your ATO and can run a temp probe on its own. When you set the doser you set how much volume your dosing container is and it will alarm you when its low. There's plenty of features, plus ghl is just the sexiest looking equipment.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back