doser tube replacement - having trouble

chrissreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
197
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the tubes on my bubble magus doser per instructions i've seen on another forum but the metal barb/pin of the doser just spins without turning the wheels. I put grease on the outside of the 3 "wheels" and then tried taking it off and they still don't spin, just the metal pin turns (pretty fast). Any suggestions of how to fix this? What did I do wrong?

Thx!

I was following this thread.
http://www.3reef.com/threads/how-to-restore-your-bubble-magus-doser.154339/
 
I have this doser, IDK what the directions say for doser head replacement because I haven't done one but I can almost guarantee its the grease you put on the 3 wheels on the plastic pump head. The metal rod is what spins the wheels the grease is making it so the rod doesn't have enough friction to grab onto and spin the wheels. Try also pulling the tube through the plastic clips holding it into the plastic cover to put a tiny bit more tension on the wheels. Im talking just the smallest amount you can do. Also vice versa you may have the tube pulled to tight over the wheels.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new