Dosing esv bionic 2part, can dosing 10-20ml a day in one dose cause issues?

Colemansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total volume 60 gallons 40 gallon display. In my setup currently I’m dosing 10-12ml a day in a single dose atleast once a week probably I forget a day and have to dose 22ml about, and in a rare occasion I’ve missed a couple days and had to dose 30ml but that’s rare. My question is can doing this kill my coral? It’s the only thing I can think of other than smoking in my house that could be doing it. I test majority of parameters a couple times a week and no major fluctuations. Typically alk is 7.3-8 ph 7.9-8.2 phos .05-.15 nitrates 20-30 mag 1280-1350 calcium 440-480

Last edited:
OP
OP
Colemansreef

Colemansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 mL at once to 60 gallons boosts alk by 0.7 dKH. That’s a little higher than the 0.5 dKHvor less that is usually recommended, but I do not think it can be blamed for dead corals.
Okay thanks I lost all my hammers very quickly and my torches are starting to go now. They had all grown atleast one new head in the time I have had them which is about 6 months for the ones I had the longest. Could it be that my phosphates were too low? I got them down to .05 at one point, and recently brought them back up thinking it may be what caused it. Phosphates is really the only parameter that I’m constantly fooling with.

OP
OP
Colemansreef

Colemansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure why there’s an issue with those corals.
Thank you for your help I’ve been trying everything. My parameters do fluctuate some from me chasing perfection. But the ranges I described in my original post is about how much they vary. I’m gonna get an Icp test done and see if anything comes up. I’ve lost over 10 multi head hammers and my torches are now slowly bailing out. A lot of my zoas are melting but I have gsp bubble tip nems, some shrooms, and etc that are doing well. But my Sunkist bounce is shriveling up. Could it be too much flow or not enough?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of times with coral issues, there no apparent chemistry issue and the effects may be an organism (fish, crab, flatworm, etc) bothering them, microbial problems bacteria, etc), or just something folks never figure out.

Back