Dosing kalk and Alk swing using Chris meckley method

  • Thread starter Thread starter juboy27
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

juboy27

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
82
Reaction score
18
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am 2 weeks into dosing kalk at night I have my Neptune apex to shut off kalk at
PH 8.29

My Alk swing is around 8.6 to 9.4kh in the morning

I would like to know what is your Alk swing using this method of Chris meckley

Note the ph photo I am using my old calcium reactor pH probe that’s why is saying co2 in there lol

Also, I have been calibrating my pH probe and alkalinity Aquawiz so that’s why there’s some dips in the charts

Would love to know your experiences in using kalk the same way

I am going to be using ICP for dosing trace elements

IMG_5239.jpeg IMG_5238.jpeg
 
I do not recommend dosing any alkalinity supplement without basing the dose on maintaining your target alkalinity.

Basing it off pH is not optimal, IMO. Since pH changes for many reasons, alkalinity can move around more than desirable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new