Dosing kalkwasser in a ATO on a biocube 14

GHD1959

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bio cube 14 and I just started dosing kalkwasser last night. I used the lowest dose of a half a teaspoon per gallon in my ATO and I'm wondering it's only a two and a half gallon reservoir so I put in a teaspoon and a quarter but my hose runs into chamber three where the return pump is so I'm wondering if that will actually work or will too much of the solution actually just sit in the chamber before it's picked up by the return pump to send back into the tank

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have my ATO go in my first chamber and there is Kalk in it. It gives it more time and flow before it makes it to the main tank. It needs to have flow so you dont hurt anything. I don run sponges so that is not an issue for me. I would probably put it after sponges just so there is no build up anywhere.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bio cube 14 and I just started dosing kalkwasser last night. I used the lowest dose of a half a teaspoon per gallon in my ATO and I'm wondering it's only a two and a half gallon reservoir so I put in a teaspoon and a quarter but my hose runs into chamber three where the return pump is so I'm wondering if that will actually work or will too much of the solution actually just sit in the chamber before it's picked up by the return pump to send back into the tank

Kalk or no kalk, your ATO should ALWAYS run into the chamber with the return pump.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back