Dosing line getting clogged ideas?

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, running a kamoer x1 pro dosing all for reed 12 times a day only at 7.5ml in my 65 gallon system. I have the line taped tk my return hose just so it isn’t in the water, it’s about 1-2 inches off the water, but it is getting like a salt crust precipitate build up every other day when I check it. I cut the line at an angle and it still does it. What is causing this and how can I combat it so if I leave or don’t check it for a few days I know it’s still dosing?
IMG_3067.jpeg
IMG_3065.jpeg
IMG_3066.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, running a kamoer x1 pro dosing all for reed 12 times a day only at 7.5ml in my 65 gallon system. I have the line taped tk my return hose just so it isn’t in the water, it’s about 1-2 inches off the water, but it is getting like a salt crust precipitate build up every other day when I check it. I cut the line at an angle and it still does it. What is causing this and how can I combat it so if I leave or don’t check it for a few days I know it’s still dosing?
IMG_3067.jpeg
IMG_3065.jpeg
IMG_3066.jpeg
Is the build up precipitate from the AFR or salt creep from water splashing on the end of the tube?

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Those should help but some level of build up is inevitable. Cleaning should be more like every couple weeks though not every couple days. As for dilution that’s what I usually do. Diluted 1:1 you should get a more accurate dose and less fouling at the end.
Now If I already have it mixed up how would you suggest dilutting it? Or just dilute it the next time I make more solutions?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now If I already have it mixed up how would you suggest dilutting it? Or just dilute it the next time I make more solutions?
Measure the total volume of solution you have remaining and add the same amount of water to that...

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the build up actually clogging the tube? Or just collecting on the outside?
blocking, it creates a seal I found out because my amount in the app tracks how much solution you have left and it wasn't going down because the pump wasn't able to push the solution out.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I raised it to where my ATO line is in the picture. will try that and see if it fixes it if not I will double the solution like you said! Thanks for the help by the way @EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal Remember your name because you tend to help me a lot and I appreciate it!
Glad to help. If the line is actually getting blocked, as you say in your previous post, then it's likely not salt.

And while I would love to take the credit, diluting the AFR solution was @The_Paradox 's idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back