Dosing New Pharma BRS 2 part?!

MrsWeathers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I use the brs calculator, it says to use so much soda ash to get your alk to where you want it, is this referring to the dry product or already mixed product? I am slightly confused on how much to dose daily after it is mixed. I’m wanting to mix enough for 5-7 days of dosing but not sure how much to tell my dosers to dose daily. Say I need .4 ounces of soda ash to increase 1 ppm of alk for 5 days, I add .4 ounces to a gallon of water, then how much of that water do I tell my dosers to dose daily to maintain it at the level I want? I’m super confused and could use some help!

JoeSchmo45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I use the brs calculator, it says to use so much soda ash to get your alk to where you want it, is this referring to the dry product or already mixed product? I am slightly confused on how much to dose daily after it is mixed. I’m wanting to mix enough for 5-7 days of dosing but not sure how much to tell my dosers to dose daily. Say I need .4 ounces of soda ash to increase 1 ppm of alk for 5 days, I add .4 ounces to a gallon of water, then how much of that water do I tell my dosers to dose daily to maintain it at the level I want? I’m super confused and could use some help!

Hello! I've been dosing the BRS two part for about a month now and finally getting the hang of it. The instructions on the calculator are for mixing the dry product to get your 1 gallon jug. The calculation is how much of that mixed product you should add. Basically, once you've mixed the 1 gallon jug, you don't need to look at those instructions anymore. You just need to know how much from that jug to add to the tank. That is what the calculator is giving you.

I would just use the instructions on the pouch for mixing the solution.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
MrsWeathers

MrsWeathers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I seen it! The liquid soda ash would be the mixed solution and the dry would be the non mixed amount you put in some water and add if you aren’t using dosers! Right? Lol

JoeSchmo45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I seen it! The liquid soda ash would be the mixed solution and the dry would be the non mixed amount you put in some water and add if you aren’t using dosers! Right? Lol

Yes, that is correct. If you have the BRS pouch and have mixed it in the jug, you would enter it in the calculator like this:

Capture.JPG

Then you just fill in your tank info, current levels, and desired levels. Here's an example for my tank:

Capture2.JPG

I would add 13.9 ml from the mixed jug. That should do it!

Good luck!

OP
OP
MrsWeathers

MrsWeathers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I feel extremely dumb! It was ***** simple and I made it more complicated than it was lol. Thanks again! :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back