Dosing pump clogs

SifuMemphis

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2015
Messages
538
Reaction score
250
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently dose Alkalinity and Calcium, but after maybe 1-2 days, the tip of the alkalinity tube clogs up. I heard this is due to either water splashing or precipitation, so I moved it into an area away from water splash... as far as precipitation goes, it's open waters, can't stop that.

How do you guys keep your alkalinity tube from clogging?
 
Try a small wire brush or pipe cleaner to clean the tip and then reprime it or cut it back a few inches. I've not run into this issue though.
 
The ends of the tubes are above the water line, correct?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new