Dosing pump for KH Director- Which head/which doser.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
I watched a video today on setting up the KH Director. It was not the GHL instruction video. The guy indicated that you had to use the #4 dosing head of the KH Doser if you wanted to use adaptive or add on control modes. Is that correct or can I use a dosing head from my other Doser 2.1. Both dosers are being used as slave units of my P4.

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
I watched a video today on setting up the KH Director. It was not the GHL instruction video. The guy indicated that you had to use the #4 dosing head of the KH Doser if you wanted to use adaptive or add on control modes. Is that correct or can I use a dosing head from my other Doser 2.1. Both dosers are being used as slave units of my P4.
you can use any of the 4 doser heads, you just have to assign 3 of them for the KHD, the remaining one you can use it for whatever you need.

Kyl

Money money money money money money money
View Badges
Reaction score
Yep, you can use any head, other than the three required for the KHD operation, to control adding alk. Adaptive control also extends to any number of heads now, ie if you're running a 3-4 part system it can dose all as required as dictated by the dKH result.

How do you run activated carbon on your reef tank?

• Reactor

Votes: 303 36.8%
  • Filter Sock

Votes: 38 4.6%
  • Mesh Bag

Votes: 365 44.3%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • I don't run Carbon

Votes: 105 12.8%

Online statistics

Members online