Dosing pump motor spins but doesn’t pump

314reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2022
Messages
56
Reaction score
170
Location
st louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m super new to reefing. Like this is my first time ever starting a reef tank. So I bought a hygger dosing pump and some actually pump and some don’t . I was wondering if there was anyway to increase the friction so the shaft turns the plastic parts. Thanks for any help super new to saltwater and I’m kind of overwhelmed.
 
So I’m super new to reefing. Like this is my first time ever starting a reef tank. So I bought a hygger dosing pump and some actually pump and some don’t . I was wondering if there was anyway to increase the friction so the shaft turns the plastic parts. Thanks for any help super new to saltwater and I’m kind of overwhelmed.
Is this a new pump or used? Do you need new tubing on the dosing head? Or is this a situation there the motor turns but the head doesn't turn? I can't speak to the hygger but some brands consider the head to be a consumable part.
 
I don't know about this particular model either, but you may have to pop the head off and put on another. The shaft will be fine but the head wears out where it fits on the shaft.
 
It’s brand new… soo seems like I either need a replacement or I need a more quality doser
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new