Dosing Pump

Wes Allsbrook

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to do some research on preferred dosing pumps. I am probably going to start adding corals besides softies so levels may start changing between water changes.

Any suggestions on how to get started would be great!

calli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing my consumption wouldn’t be too high for a while? So calcium, alk and potentially mag.
Ah okay, so you want to start with a four head option. The Echotech ones are modular so you could start with those and add as you need.

Kamoer are also good dosers, but come at a bit of a higher up front cost for the four head options.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing my consumption wouldn’t be too high for a while? So calcium, alk and potentially mag.
Magnesium on a dosing pump is overkill. Adding magnesium once a week is plenty often enough.

OP
OP
W

Wes Allsbrook

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah okay, so you want to start with a four head option. The Echotech ones are modular so you could start with those and add as you need.

Kamoer are also good dosers, but come at a bit of a higher up front cost for the four head options.
Like this?

calli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These ones are okay too if you need something that does not require continuous duty/constant dosing.

OP
OP
W

Wes Allsbrook

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These ones are okay too if you need something that does not require continuous duty/constant dosing.

I was thinking something like once a day? Thanks for the suggestion!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every one available has had a thread on it not working correctly on here.
I chose to get a Bubble Magus TM11 with slave and all 7 heads have run fine for a couple of years.
You have to program them on the front though. No connectivity at all.
I just ordered new heads from Premium Aquatics.
I have a single Kamoer X1 pro I use for LaCl and I like it too.

Dosing pumps seem to be a case of pay your money and take your chances somewhat. Perhaps it's the user. I don't know.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech is unavailable. I wanted one to go with my other ecotech components but no go. I went with a 2 head Red Sea doser which was inexpensive and completely user friendly to set up. It has a great app and is very compact sized. I have used it for a month now and am very pleased with performance.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mother always told me that if I did not have anything nice to say... Just say @EcoTech and everyone would understand.

Any doser that uses standard heads is best in my book. Don't let any company overcharge you for a commodity that is readily available.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech is unavailable. I wanted one to go with my other ecotech components but no go. I went with a 2 head Red Sea doser which was inexpensive and completely user friendly to set up. It has a great app and is very compact sized. I have used it for a month now and am very pleased with performance.
What do you mean by ecotech is unavailable? Brs has them in stock but I don’t remember them being 199 a pop.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 27 20.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 32 23.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back