Dosing pumps

gji

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking the same question, all the research I've done seems to point to GHL, but man are they expensive

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL I have three of them.:) They are well built and you can run them with just a smart phone. They have a WiFi hotspot. You can use them for ATO and AWC also. They are small so they fit up in under a stand easily.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's hard to beat GHL for build quality, reliability and accuracy. Yes, they cost more, but you get what you pay for and more. You can attach a temp probe (pH probe w/expansion port in the future), level sensors, stirrers, etc.....

OP
OP
K

Kgentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to look into GHL. I need it to be able to hook up more dosers because I want to be able to hookup my CO2 booster and all that to all work off the same system verse me having to still add it by hand. If I still have to do it by hand it's no use to buy a system.....

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The system is expandable to a total of 16 pumps.

• Stand Alone + 3 Slave Doser
  • ProfiLux Controller + 4 Slave Doser

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just need to dose alk & calcium, my bubble magus doser has been doing a fine job now for years. I change the tubes out like once a year.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Jebao dosing pump for my heavy work and I am keeping them. I am looking to add a Pacific Sun Kore 5th, to setup auto water changes with the AWC module. What I also like is the Kore 5th is it can dose down to a drop, yes it is also has it own software package, and it can be controlled via wifi. Another thing I like about the Kore 5th is the magnetic stirrer for some of the product that I need stirred before dosing.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only doser i've ever had is an apex dos and it is incredibly easy to use, is simple to calibrate and has stayed accurate for the year that i've owned it. the downside to it is the expense, that it only has 2 dosing heads and the most important, you need an apex to even operate it.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm LOVING my icecap dosing pumps. I chose the IC due to their built in controller. It has an LED readout and literally takes a few seconds to program them or change settings. I highly recommend them.

gji

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might try the Coral Box WF-04 WIFI Dosing Pump

Arcticreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really am liking the Aquamedic reef doser evo 4. for a cheap doser i love the remote control and build quality is better than i thought and can expand to 8 dosers with the 4 head slave for just 50-55 Euros.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright i'm hearing GHL is the benchmark, I will be installing an apex in the future, would this be an easy integration and what mods. and costs would this require, after all that should i just do 2 apex units?

Idal sarduy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've spent quite some time reading old threads on this very subject. As of recently the consensus is GHL, Apex dos. Many people have good luck with jebao. Personally I just ordered a GHL doser 2. I will not be setting up AWC any time soon hence I passed on the 2.1

I have so much money invested in this hobby I could not see myself spending $50 on such a crucial piece of equipment that can crash my tank over night. My two cents

Cary Meredith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally pulled the plug and got one. Here are a couple pictures, it isn't completely hooked up but it's close
IMG_20180227_185835051.jpg

IMG_20180227_185843594.jpg

Back