Dosing Question

kermitdafrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if there is a guideline some where's as I can't seem to find something all in one that indicates how much you can raise it parameter without causing issues to your tank. My 46 Gallon is now at a point where it needs some assistance with Alk, Cal and PH and i'm not dosing at the moment. I know it's simple to look up those three items and get the information but I would think someone may have combined all in one location.

Thanks,

OP
OP
kermitdafrog

kermitdafrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy has a page where you can enter your current and desired levels, along with what chemical you are using, and it will advise you on how much to dose: http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

If it’s a large dose, it may be best to split it up into a few days and test between them.
Thank you, I found this the other night while trying to find an answer to my question. This is great but i'm looking for it to tell me to like you said at what point do you split or change it by 1ppm and then dose more to bring it up another.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have in the tank, coral-wise? Some are more sensitive to parameter changes than others.

ShellSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The calculator mentioned earlier will pop up a suggestion as to how much adjustment should be done and over what period of time.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much you can raise things depends on the scenario, but in general, a decent boost is less than 0.5 dKH or 25 ppm calcium or magnesium per day. The latter two are primarily due to potential impurities in the additives, not the calcium or magnesium itself.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back