Dosing Tube Holders - How do you plumb?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oli-P
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oli-P

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampshire UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of a new build following a house move 'Red Sea Reefer G2+ XL 425' and about to start the plumbing of the dosing lines.

In my previous tank setups I've found that the Alk line clogs quite easily when the doing line/tube is connected to the connectors in the dosing tube holder (previous dosing line holders, going with new Reef Factory Dosing Line Holders now).

Pic below of a the dosing line connector (red arrow pointing at)

Dosing Tube Holder Arrow.jpg


My question is do you use these connectors or just simply run the dosing lines directly through the two holes in the holder (having removed the dosing line connectors)?

If I don't use the dosing line connector shown by the arrow above, I would cut the dosing line at an angle to reduce clogging.

Thanks in advance :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new