Dosing vinegar

What’s your dosing of each vinegar brown sugar per litre or gallon please Thank you
It depends on the size of your tank. This was my initial dosage 2 years ago:
Start 25ml every night for 5 days. Then add 5ml for the next 5 days. I slowly increased the dosage each week and tested. I remembered my nitrates being above 80 ppm before I started dosing. It literally took 6 months to drop the nitrates to 20 ppm. Now I’m at 35ml every other day to keep my nitrates between 5-10 ppm. Again, this is my dosage for my tank.
 
It depends on the size of your tank. This was my initial dosage 2 years ago:
Start 25ml every night for 5 days. Then add 5ml for the next 5 days. I slowly increased the dosage each week and tested. I remembered my nitrates being above 80 ppm before I started dosing. It literally took 6 months to drop the nitrates to 20 ppm. Now I’m at 35ml every other day to keep my nitrates between 5-10 ppm. Again, this is my dosage for my tank.
Sorry can I ask how much vinegar to brown sugar. Please
 
Did your nitrate finally dropped?
 
Did your nitrate finally dropped?

I’m not sure who you are asking, but the OP has not been on in quite some time.

Vinegar can be useful for reducing nitrate, as well as creating bacteria to feed filter feeders. I used it for many years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new