Dosing Vitamine C for Zoanthids

Mitsie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,

I am reading alot about dosing vitamine c. Still i have some questions about it.

1. Does it really improve the health/grown of the zoanthids ?

2. My tank is 35 gallon how much do i need to dose ?

Some people throw tablets and some powder form. Is anyone who can help met out with this ?

Kind Regards,

Mitch

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve been dosing it twice everyday religiously except when i’m out of state once every summer for vacation for about 2 years. i thought my zoas had better growth when i was dosing it and i also had no melting but after i stopped dosing nothing really changed. i even felt my zoas grew faster without vitamin c dosing.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In the ocean, plankton will be the main source of vitamin c. This study found the average amount inside was21.60 pg for carnivorous and134.87 pg for herbaceous copepods. I would probably dose phyto occasionally before i dosed vitamin c. But might be me.

Vitamin C requirements in animals able to synthesize and those that cant vary greatly. A 100lb person is healthy with 70mg. A 100lb dog will always have a higher amount than this because they make their own. There is also very little data what marine animals make their own and those that dont(except for fish, they definitely do not).
Only mention because some studies that look at vitamin c use poor analogues for the species of animal they are actually studying.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 22.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 82 71.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back