Dottyback digging?

GetReefy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Messages
1,471
Reaction score
913
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have had our dottyback for a few months and he’s always stayed in a little cove and swam throughout the rockwork. Today we noticed him going under a rock and digging it out and spitting the sand toward the back of the tank. Is this typical behavior for a dottyback?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0515.MOV
    95.4 MB
My neon dottyback does that,; he fits in the smallest spots and comes out spitting out sand. I’m sure by now he has a big cave under the rock. He’s the reason I can’t get a sand sifting goby; it has claimed all the rock and sand in the 32 gallon.
 
My neon dottyback does that,; he fits in the smallest spots and comes out spitting out sand. I’m sure by now he has a big cave under the rock. He’s the reason I can’t get a sand sifting goby; it has claimed all the rock and sand in the 32 gallon.
We have a watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair. I’m hoping the dotty stays on his side of the tank and doesn’t get too brave.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new