Dottyback looks odd to me.

technocolor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got this guy today and i didnt notice till i got him into the light that he looks strange-ish. idk to me he looks kinda lumpy but then again that could just be me. i'll try to get a picture of him that is decent but all of my cameras seem to take really crappy pictures.

ReelRednekReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is the same tank that had the clown and ammonia at 0.25ppm. You need to reduce the ammonia via water changes or at least dose some detoxifier or the dotty back may not last either.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is the same tank that had the clown and ammonia at 0.25ppm. You need to reduce the ammonia via water changes or at least dose some detoxifier or the dotty back may not last either.

Agree

OP
OP
T

technocolor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that was the ammonia level for the day that clown got sick the levels today are ...
please keep in mind that since this is a color test, the results are rough estimates

nh3 : 0

no2- : 0

no3- : 20 ppm

o2 : >4 ppm

ph : 8.2-8.4

also, this guy is very shy (as to be expected) but i cant get a good closeup of him. how should i get a picture of him?

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need consistency! Just because your levels dropped in one day does not mean you are not still cycling. You NEED to wait a week or two testing daily to ensure you are not spiking any levels. Plus there is a possibility you could have introduced something in your tank with your clown fish. You need to wait and be patient or you will keep killing fish and lose a lot of respect from fellow reefers.
that was the ammonia level for the day that clown got sick the levels today are ...
please keep in mind that since this is a color test, the results are rough estimates

nh3 : 0

no2- : 0

no3- : 20 ppm

o2 : >4 ppm

ph : 8.2-8.4

also, this guy is very shy (as to be expected) but i cant get a good closeup of him. how should i get a picture of him?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back