Double duty Calcium reactor

oldschoolbeginner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This maybe a quested asked and answered before but her goes……

I currently have 4 tanks running a Red Sea 750XXL mixed reef a 120 gal (FOWLR) a 90 gallon sps only and 60 cube for sea horses.

Now I have calcium reactor dialed in to where the alkalinity draw is less than .05dkh per day on the 750. Since my 90 SPS is perpendicular to the larger (750 in the same room) does anyone think there would be any issues with using the same calcium reactor to feed both tanks.

I ask because the alternative is invest another grand or so into another calcium reactor since the alkalinity draw is so great on the 90 that I am dying with the additives I have to buy.

if anyone is wondering I just can’t seem let a good tank just collect dust!!!
I use an a2 apex to run everything.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This maybe a quested asked and answered before but her goes……

I currently have 4 tanks running a Red Sea 750XXL mixed reef a 120 gal (FOWLR) a 90 gallon sps only and 60 cube for sea horses.

Now I have calcium reactor dialed in to where the alkalinity draw is less than .05dkh per day on the 750. Since my 90 SPS is perpendicular to the larger (750 in the same room) does anyone think there would be any issues with using the same calcium reactor to feed both tanks.

I ask because the alternative is invest another grand or so into another calcium reactor since the alkalinity draw is so great on the 90 that I am dying with the additives I have to buy.

if anyone is wondering I just can’t seem let a good tank just collect dust!!!
I use an a2 apex to run everything.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer is no you cannot use one calcium reactor for two different systems because the reactor needs a supply pump, and then water would be getting transferred from one system to the other

OP
OP
O

oldschoolbeginner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They could be since I don’t use the Red Sea one that came with the 750. I only don’t because of the plumbing I would need to do.
As far as the additional loss on fluid we are talking about 1 liter per day and because I have a DOS that I would be using. I was going to replace the water pumped out of the tank(set up as auto water change)… I try to keep both tanks to similar parameters. I only use Tropic Marin reef salts.

Last edited:
Back