Down in Blacksburg

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm down for the week. Mostly to check hang out with friends and check out hot chicks (Mary Washington just doesn't cut it), but I figured I'd look into the reef scene while here. I'll probably stop by Brad W.'s (nvert) place while here, but I wanted to know if there are any stores I should look at. I'm not looking to buy, just looking to look.

Thanks.

Garrett.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, UA is in Daleville, which is basically the exit sign for Troutville off of I-81.

nothing other to see in Blacksburg really. How do you know nvert? he has one of the best tanks i've ever seen! he got RC tank of the month back in Feb. '04 (only 40g), right before he upgraded to his 120g.

its been 3 years since i've seen his tank.

btw.....lots more hot girls in blacksburg than in charlottesville. LOTS more!!

OP
OP
gastone

gastone

I dig chicks with rics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought UA was closing as well. I take it they are still open???

I've known Brad for a few years. I saw him a few times last summer, but haven't seen him since.

Didn't there used to be a shop on South Main? Things have changed since I was here... but hot chicks are still hot (no matter their age).

G.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UA was never going to close down...per say. but the owner is getting out of the hobby and selling his collection, and hopefully the store. but yeah, if he doesn't sell it, then i guess it will shut down around june/july.

when you see brad's tank, be sure to take some pictures. the pics that others have taken for him kinda suck IMO...lol...don't do his tank justice at all.

ZQ used to be on south main, but they moved to c-burg like 2 years ago and have really sucked ever since. no point in going over there IMO. there are no pet stores in bburg anymore (pretty sure).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back