Downsizing reef to have puffers

KingSpaded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So right now I have a 180 mixed reef tank. 7ish months old. The coral is all growing at a decent pace and all are very happy. I always wanted a dog face puffer and I knew I would be putting another tank in the house. Pet I having dollar per gallon sale and was gonna pick up a 75 for the puffer and other FOWLR fish. After research I don’t wanna out the puffer in that small of tank. So thinking of moving coral and some of the cuc out of 180 and into a 75. Puffer then will go into the 180. I have yet to buy anything so nothing is in stone yet just curious what you guys thoughts were. Having a big FOWLR tank and smaller coral.

180 fish included. Blue tang. Yellow tang. PJ cardinal. Lawnmower Benny. Pink bar font and pistol shrimp. 2 clowns. 6 line wrasse. Blue Chromis.

Thanks just looking for input if anyone has down sized.

OP
OP
K

KingSpaded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes some of my fish come from petco. The guy that runs the aquariums has his own maintenance company and just works there on the side for a few hrs. They have nice looking stuff and people around my area have never had problems. I have had problems fish and coral wise from 2 out of the 3 LFS around me

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan to me, I prefer my dfp to a reef any day.

OP
OP
K

KingSpaded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya they are fun to watch. Don’t get me wrong I like my coral also have about 35 different corals in there now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back