LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascape finish.
EE8995E6-192F-47F2-BE51-F19E30F6A9BE.jpeg
D6AA270D-2C74-49AD-8D84-16AAEC0F7222.jpeg
I really like your three different islands. Any tips?

OP
OP
Dp916

Dp916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your three different islands. Any tips?
Definitely use emacro cement to bond the rocks and use your creativity, choose different size and shape of rocks. Tonga are best for sharper features, Fiji for base. If you don’t like the piece you have saw it to create flat surface.

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious on current status AND did you take any precautions on floor weight?
Curious about his floor weight too.
For me, I had a structural engineer come to the house (the builders engineer) he saw the tank and confirmed it was fine (3000lbs) on the main floor of my house directly above the basement.
Reason why mine is fine is because -

1 - new construction
2 - there are roof joists every 16” and there is 5 of them or so below the tank, parallel.
3 - right up against the foundation so where the joists are tied to the foundation not the middle of the house.

it’s been two years and nothing has happened. I check the leveling of the tank every 6 months, and not a single movement has occurred. I think there may also be a beam directly underneath the tank.

BigMikeFlipz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious about his floor weight too.
For me, I had a structural engineer come to the house (the builders engineer) he saw the tank and confirmed it was fine (3000lbs) on the main floor of my house directly above the basement.
Reason why mine is fine is because -

1 - new construction
2 - there are roof joists every 16” and there is 5 of them or so below the tank, parallel.
3 - right up against the foundation so where the joists are tied to the foundation not the middle of the house.

it’s been two years and nothing has happened. I check the leveling of the tank every 6 months, and not a single movement has occurred. I think there may also be a beam directly underneath the tank.
Cool, I also had a local guy look under my house, only 7 years old, and he said due to me doing similar (against outer wall) and the joists running long ways I would be fine. I calculated up about 2600-2700 lbs with everything, including water, sand, rock, sump, cabinet, reefmat, skimmer, etc. etc.

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I also had a local guy look under my house, only 7 years old, and he said due to me doing similar (against outer wall) and the joists running long ways I would be fine. I calculated up about 2600-2700 lbs with everything, including water, sand, rock, sump, cabinet, reefmat, skimmer, etc. etc.
Great to hear that, it feels better knowing I’m not the only one haha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back