OP
OP
dputt88

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well like i said in the last post, time to focus on lights. we grabbed 4 24" reefbreeder photon v2+ fixtures. these thing are pretty sweet. they a very slim, and have a very customizable spectrum. I will likely type a review of them on a separate post as i am very pleased with how they turned out. the way i have them mounted right now is temporary, but i have an idea in mind to come up with a way to firmly attach them to that 8020 aluminum.

after the incident with the fuge in the last post, the nutrients have returned to normal. the cyano and GHA is subsiding. and now that we have ligt with an appropriate spectrum I would expect that things will look much better next time I post

without further ado, the pictures...

twf0369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Job on your build! I will be following along. Can you share how you built the bracket for the reefbreeder lights?

OP
OP
dputt88

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Job on your build! I will be following along. Can you share how you built the bracket for the reefbreeder lights?
I was going to save this video for next weeks post, but since you asked. please note that since i posted this video @Reef Breeders has reached out to me saying that they have longer bolts available for the fixture and is sending some out to me so i can give them a try. I will post a video of those when they come.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dputt88

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well things are really starting to shape up lately. I added a striped sleeper goby, and a skunk cleaner. the goby has done wonders on the sand bed. I have had the skunk cleaner for some time now in the 60 gal. I was worried that my melanarus wrasse might kill him if i added him right away.

Heres the view laying on the couch...

OP
OP
dputt88

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post the dimensions of your light rack? Also where did you order it from? Thank you.
I'm not 100% sure where I ordered it from, i think i got everything from 8020.net and TME. Its 1" t-slot aluminum and i believe its 5' long and 1' wide. its dimension can be adjusted though, depends on how you mount the brackets. I have corner brackets that hold the 4 sides together.

OP
OP
dputt88

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I created a Youtube channel just for making updates. I've started to like using videos as updates over pictures so we will likely be seeing many more of the updates in the future.

got some shelves up in the fish room. dealing with really low nitrates, and having some issues with the chromis'.

check out the video and be sure to subscribe to the new channel

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Construction is finally done!!!!

Truly my favorite build in the history of R2R. Elegant design, master craftsmanship, originality, aquascape is so wonderfully balanced. Not to mention the “entropy” you overcame in rebooting your 90... Kudos to you and your dad for the awesome build. Following thread and channel :)

OP
OP
dputt88

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly my favorite build in the history of R2R. Elegant design, master craftsmanship, originality, aquascape is so wonderfully balanced. Not to mention the “entropy” you overcame in rebooting your 90... Kudos to you and your dad for the awesome build. Following thread and channel :)

Thanks, Glad you are enjoying it!

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link to here on the askbrstv group today OP. Wonderful build thread ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back