Dr g caviar medication food questions

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. G medicated food I have used in the past with mixed results.. but was wondering about a few things.. in reference to the caviar foods.

1. what exactly is the solution in the bottle. I let the bottle sit for a few days, food settles to the bottom and I then empty 50% of the liquid.. without losing much of the caviar medicated food in the bottle. Is this even necessary.. what is the liquid? Is it any medication in the liquid?

2. Can we mix the foods together .. is there a problem with fish eating the caviar for flukes and antibacterial. I would think it is ok.. thoughts. Thanks

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to their website, the caviar contains the following active ingredients (blue are my comments):

Anti-Parasitic Caviar: Chloroquine phosphate (WILL NOT eradicate external parasites when used in food, but might help manage them)

Anti-Bacterial Caviar: Kanamycin & Metronidazole (treats some intestinal worms + internal infections)

De-Wormer Caviar: Praziquantel (treats some intestinal worms)

If I were treating a fish for internal parasites; I would feed the Anti-Bacterial Caviar in the AM and then the De-Wormer Caviar in the PM (or vice versa). To widen the spectrum of treatment.

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for info.. but what isin the bottle liquid portion i was wondering..

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back