• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr. Reef’s Quarantined fish Review 11/10

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Acroman91-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a review for Dr. Reef’s Quarantined fish and my personal experience ordering from them as a non-incentivized, non-sponsored customer.

Hello all,

Acroman here. I am making this thread to review my order from Dr. Reefs Quarantined fish. I am posting this review multiple weeks after my order with them as to provide the most relevant review possible.

We should all know by now that everyone can say how great their fish are day of and then have a problem in the next 4-6 weeks and we don’t hear about it. This is not one of those experiences.

For background, I have been in this hobby for almost two decades. I have ordered from more vendors than I care to mention to and including Live Aquaria. All claiming that their fish are “quarantined” or “no quarantine needed we did it for you” and so many times I get the fish and they are sickly or don’t last. Now not all the fish have not lasted, I’m pretty good at this and keep Acropora dominated systems with great success and have for years so it’s not as if I’m throwing them in a FOWLR tank and hoping for the best.

The point I’m trying to make is that other vendors have sent me S**t fish and didn’t live up to the hype. Now on to the review.

I ordered 2 fish to test the waters from Dr. Reef and I could not be happier with the fish I received. They came on time, packed incredibly well with plenty of oxygen, and were incredibly lively in their bags. An experience that i have seldom had.

After they were properly acclimated to my system (temp, salinity, pH) I released them into my aquarium.

Now when I say, less than 24 hours later that these fish were ATTACKING the food that I was giving them, I cannot properly describe what it looked like. I had wrasses literally attacking the SURFACE of my water to grab food that had yet to become water logged enough to sink because it just wasn’t getting to the fish fast enough. I’ve had some fish eat within 24 hours sure, but not in a way that I would describe as attacking the food, in the past it has been some nibbles, maybe they eat a brine shrimp or two and back to hiding.

I also received a clean up crew from them as they QT all of their inverts because I don’t want any ich, parasites, or pest anemones coming in off my invert’s shells (yes this does happen).

I cannot say that I have ever in almost 20 years received such healthy specimens.

I recommend that everyone make orders from Dr. Reef as it has truly been an incredibly positive experience and I just placed another sizable order with them today.

I always wondered what reviews I can trust and I can tell you that this is the place to get your fish.

Follow me on Instagram to follow both the fish I’ve ordered from Dr. Reef and my new double reef tank system here: https://instagram.com/acromans_reef?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your kind words and in depth review.
Glad your livestock is doing great and we were able to meet your requirements.
We appreciate your support and business.

OP
OP
Acroman91-

Acroman91-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your kind words and in depth review.
Glad your livestock is doing great and we were able to meet your requirements.
We appreciate your support and business.
You earned it, I do not give good reviews often as I have been burned many times. Keep doing what you guys are doing because it really is great!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back