• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr Reef Quarantined Fish Fail!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

adroc718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an ordered on August 31st of a Tailspot Blenny, a firefish, black storm clown and an a black ice clown.
The tailspot came in super small and skinny and overall didnt look good at all. It died the following day.
The clowns were not very good eaters and even after soaking a variety of foods in garlic and selcon for the better part of a month the clowns both suddenly died a day apart from what looks like flukes or brook. I suspect the firefish is next.
These were the only fish that had ever been in the tank and i was convinced disease had to have been introduced somehow by a frag plug or something.
After all i spent good money ordering from Dr Reef, who claims to condition and quarantine all fish and wont send out of they look bad,
After some research I come to find out Im not the only one and his QT practices have been called into question for some time now.
Im so beyond disappointed and upset I didnt see the reviews before ordering.
What a waste of money and life! No better than ordering from live aquaria. $360 dollars down the drain!
I will never order from him again and if you are smart you will do more research than i did and you will see for your self.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most vendors wont even talk to you 2 hrs after delivery here we are 2 months later trying to blame other for something we have no control over.
You yourself claim you added frags from non quarantined source.
These fish were delivered to you on Sept 7th, here we are in middle of October (Oct 18th) so for last 45 days what you added or subtracted we have no idea excet for you added non qted frags.
So how are we responsible after 45 days?
We qt fish, not feed them kryptonite, so what you subjected these fish to in last 45 days we have no control over. any fish qted or not will break down if proper conditions are not met.
As far as you reported, everything was fine at delivery and also a week after.
I will attach your emails to prove our side of the story.

You said blenny came in skinny and small. its a fish that grows max 2.5" You dont have to take my word for it, look at live aquaria's website: https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/2229/?pcatid=2229

This fish was almost 3" so I am not sure what you were expecting.

On sept 7th at 12:16pm you reported receiving delivery and everything looks great:
here is the screenshot of the email.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-18 at 18.32.35_c4acac0a.jpg

On Sept 11th at 11:06am You reported that blenny died. Thats 4 days after you received the fish.
First off most vendors wont even give you that much warranty on livestock, Ours is 3 days and even after being outside the guarantee period we still offered to replace or credit the blenny.
Attached is the copy of the emails.
2ndemail.jpg

On Sept 11th, at 11:11am just 5 min after your email and 1 day past our guarantee we offered to credit the blenny or replace it. and told you to try a few things with the clowns and if that fails we would cover them as well.

Again no mention of disease....

3rdemail.jpg

After Sept 11th we never heard anything from you. So for last 40 days you didnt mention or email us anything saying you have had desease in your tank and what disease was introduced?

You dont mention nor post any pics to prove that we send you diseased fish. Instead you added livestock from non qted sources.

So what were you expecting a vendor to do for you when you dont report anything for 45 days and then post feedback like this?

We still stand behind our offer and will replace your blenny after 45 days of delivery,
Regarding flukes or brook, in clowns. where are the pics? flukes you cannot see anyways, there are symptoms for that which most people take it as ich,
Brook would be like a white spiderweb like stuff around the body. without pics it will be hard to say what the issue is.

Although 45 days later and with non qted frags introduced, it voids our guarantee and also you reported same issue previously, prior to buying anything from us. I'll post that thread here.

Last edited:

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also digging a little further. This is 2nd time you ran into this problem of dead fish.
First time around you didnt buy from us and still killed the same fish.

From that thread you might have had uronema or velvet.
You can fallow all you want and uronema will still be in your tank. Uronema does not need fish host and can live for ever in a tank with no fish.
Only thing you can do is bleach the tank and start over.

Also there is no evidence from that thread that you even fallowed or treated a contaminated tank.

I would advise you to read a lot and learn from experts here and do things the right way, other wise you will be here posting a 3rd time all fish dead thread,
From your previous posts here on r2r, you are not doing things the right way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
adroc718

adroc718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't really looking for a response from you and I wouldnt take a credit or a free offer of anything from you anyways.
Your response and your attitude says it all.
Im just warning anyone else who may be as naive as i was in thinking when you say you condition and qt your fish you actually do it. If you did what you say you do the tailspot wouldnt have come in looking like it did (skinny and malnourished) and the clowns would have been hardier. They only lasted as long as they did because i keep up with husbandry and feed quality foods enriched with vitamins. I didnt think adding a frag that was removed from its plug remounted and fully dipped would trigger an out break in such conditioned quarantined fish.....such a load of crap!
like i said at first i didnt even suspect it was from you, because everything is pre quarantined and held until fully healthy... but once i started reading and checking threads on other forums it all made sense.
Your reputation is trash! Which is why you respond the way you do.
Your right, i advise everyone to read and learn from experts even you!
Humble fish was right.....garbage service.... lesson learned.

OP
OP
adroc718

adroc718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also On Sept 11th, at 11:11am you made no mention of crediting the clowns. coincidentally most expensive in the order. but the $35 blenny you would cover as long as i paid $60 in shipping....yeah makes sense.

its whatever dude!
Ill be happy if save at least one person the aggravation from making the same mistake I made.

OP
OP
adroc718

adroc718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol!!!!! Godspeed my man!
Sounds like you have more business than you can handle
Probably because you are super professional!

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol!!!!! Godspeed my man!
Sounds like you have more business than you can handle
Probably because you are super professional!
Thank you
Fallow your tank and better yet bleach it, as you dont know whats in your tank lingering from May 2023.
Start over and if you need turbo start and or a pair of clowns and blenny I will happily ship to you at no cost. But you must clean out the issues in your tank.

OP
OP
adroc718

adroc718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you
Fallow your tank and better yet bleach it, as you dont know whats in your tank lingering from May 2023.
Start over and if you need turbo start and or a pair of clowns and blenny I will happily ship to you at no cost. But you must clean out the issues in your tank.
Yeah sure you would.
If you want to make it right and your so generous and committed to the hobby and not turning a quick buck then refund my order and i will gladly eat crow.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I refunded your entire order. I am a man of integrity, God has blessed me with 3 very very successful businesses in Tulsa OK. Fish is just for fun. and I have been on both sides of the coin, with and without money. it doesnt have any importance in my life.

I was going to send you $100 on top of your refund to buy bleach and turbo start and redo your tank over but looks like your paypal payment came from some other account and not sure if this money will reach you back or not.

Anyways your orginal order has been refunded.

5th.jpg

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back