Dr Tim’s One and Only

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robalo247
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Robalo247

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Location
Lady Lake
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a new tank and had a question about using this product. Is it okay to use this with live Carib Sea special grade or dry sand. Thanks
 
Perfectly fine, many do so 🙂
 
Last edited:
I think I remember Dr Tims stating not too but I think his reasoning was they can have die off and arrive with ammonia in the bag so you would end up with an inaccurate dose but I've never had an issue.

I've also tested two bags of special grade and neither had ammonia
 
I just did the same with live sand and Dr Tim stuff 4 weeks ago and my tank been going with corals and fish for couple of weeks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new