Dr. Tims Bene Fish Al?

OneMerissa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all - is anyone using Dr. Tim's bene fish al frozen food? You mix it yourself and freeze it in cubes (a cube tray is part of the bundle) - I have been using it for a while and it seems pretty good, the fish love it. My stupid question is do you just plop the cube in the tank? My assumption is no... I personally thaw it in a shot glass with some tank water and then use a pipette to slowly put it in the tank in hopes of not over feeding... regardless my phosphates run around 1.0--2.0 not the desired .03 - Nitrates run about 20.0 - 30.0 (hanna checkers) - just wondering your thoughts?

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little mesh strainer (I think it's intended to remove pulp from citrus juices, got it at Ikea) that I thaw my cubes in, juice goes down the drain, and food into a floating ring feeder so I'm not straight up feeding my filter socks.

If you figure out the nitrate and phosphate levels of the food however, you can use it in place of dosing, I advocate this for people who wish to raise their nutrients.

Right now I'm just maintaining levels though.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back