Dr. Tim's Eco-Balance causing pH depression?

Wrasse-cal

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
759
Reaction score
598
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DrTim

It seems Eco-Balance caused my tank pH to drop. Is this expected/normal? I dosed eco-balance yesterday as shown on the graph below, and since then, my pH has been dropping down. No upswing as usual when the main tank is illuminated. No other changes to my tank. Is this a result of bacteria consumption/respiration/death?
IMG_1714.jpg
 
@DrTim

It seems Eco-Balance caused my tank pH to drop. Is this expected/normal? I dosed eco-balance yesterday as shown on the graph below, and since then, my pH has been dropping down. No upswing as usual when the main tank is illuminated. No other changes to my tank. Is this a result of bacteria consumption/respiration/death?
IMG_1714.jpg

Possibly. They’re multiplying, so... I dose it almost weekly
 
I did not.
 
I have same problem, It drop below 7.6, How you solve the problme, waterchange will help?
 
Interested in hearing other experiences with Eco-balance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new