Dr tims waste away bacteria

Chad Jarnigan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some dr tims waste away bacteria and out of curiosity I wanted to look at it under a microscope... I found no bacteria at all.. has anyone else ever checked this?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some dr tims waste away bacteria and out of curiosity I wanted to look at it under a microscope... I found no bacteria at all.. has anyone else ever checked this?
I guess this should go without saying but, did you shake the bottle very well before checking?

If so, welp. I mean, if the concentration of bacteria is relatively low, it might take some time to find a spot with one, but I have never tried looking for these microbes under the microscope so don't know how often they should be seen or even what size they are. Some microbes can be pretty freaking small.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what magnification they used? I didn't see it in the post, and I am familiar with what bacteria look like under a microscope, and I am skeptical about that post.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
400x I didn't know it was possible to see bacteria without oil immersion microscopy but they have updated ways apparently, I didn't know this. T is a solid scientist for sure

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back