Dracula goby and pistol shrimp not pairing

AddyBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m new to reef2reef but I would love some advise on what to do about my new dracula goby and practically microscopic pistol shrimp.

I introduced the pair (Dracula goby and Randall’s pistol shrimp) to my JBJ 45 all in one tank about 3 days ago. I siphoned a small hole for them to take refuge in before I introduced them to the tank. Once I lowered both the goby and pistol shrimp toward the hole the dracula goby swam off and the shrimp crawled into tiny hole in the rock work, I definitely have heard the tiny fellas snaps but I have yet to see him since.

My question is, what are the chances that these two will ever pair up? And if they aren’t going to pair up, should I try my luck and purchase another little pistol shrimp? I would normally just wait it out but the pistol isn’t even in the sand bed where the goby can reach him.

I’m willing to remove the goby and give him to a local fish store and start the process over again if I must. This symbiotic relationship is what brought me into the reefing hobby.

Stock list:
Blue spot jawfish
2 Wyoming white clowns with RBTA
Green mandarin
Lawnmower blenny
Dracula goby

C6FFD9C0-150B-4E9B-A7A4-F47B5DB8AAAC.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back